Better support for nurses means better care for patients. That’s why Eskenazi Health is not only here for the community and our patients, we’re here for our nurses too.
Named as one of the nation’s 150 best places to work in health care by Becker’s Hospital Review, Eskenazi Health is one of the nation’s largest essential health care systems, providing care to nearly 1 million outpatient visitors each year. Nurses and staff provide a comprehensive range of primary and specialty care services at more than 30 primary and mental health care sites throughout Indianapolis and within the Sidney & Lois Eskenazi Hospital, including the Smith Level I Shock Trauma Center, the Richard M. Fairbanks Burn Center and our Level II NICU, which serves the most diverse patient population in the area.
Job benefits for Eskenazi Health nurses include:
- Tuition reimbursement
- Great benefits and retirement plans
- Shared governance councils
- Great physician relationships
- Access to senior leaders
- Free employee wellness programs
- Free fitness gym
- Sky Farm and other relaxing green spaces
Patient Care Resident Program
Eskenazi Health now offers a new position for recent nursing graduates. The new Patient Care Resident Program allows graduates to jump-start their careers before passing their state board exams, with the same job benefits listed above. Once they pass their boards, patient care residents will have the opportunity to apply to become full-time nurses.
Patient care resident job duties include:
- Assisting RNs in provision of care to patients
- Observing and documenting patient conditions/behaviors for RNs
- Performing treatments and procedures under the direction of an RN
- Understanding and following patient care plans
- Providing input for changes to patient care plans and communicating changes to the RN
- Providing or assisting patients with activities of daily living
- Participating in implementing quality assurance activities to ensure that the hospital, The Joint Commission and other quality standards or regulations are met