The Eskenazi Health Clinical Pastoral Education Program offers:
- An interfaith program accredited by the Institute for Clinical Pastoral Training
- A blended curriculum of online lessons and in-person lessons (100 hours)
- Supervised clinical practicum (300 hours) with patients, families and staff
- Low supervisor-to-student ratio
- Enriched with the inclusion of standardized, evidence-based curriculum developed by the Spiritual Care Association
- Self-care skills incorporated throughout the experience (courtesy of Center for Mind-Body Medicine)
- Unique educational experience for spiritual caregivers to care for under-served populations while learning demands of chaplaincy practice in a secular organization
Summer unit: Registration dates are Feb. 15 - April 14.
Unit dates are June 5 - Aug. 24
Fall unit: Registration dates are May 1 - July 14
Unit dates are Sept. 11 - Dec. 22
Application fee (one-time, non-refundable): $75
Tuition (per unit): $900
Application for the Eskenazi Health Clinical Pastoral Education program at Eskenazi Health is a three-step process.
1. Contact Eskenazi Health to set up an initial interview to determine eligibility for the program. You may contact Father Robert Lyons, manager, at email@example.com or 317.880.7123.
2. After completing the initial interview with Eskenazi health, submit a completed application, together with appropriate fees, to the Institute for Clinical Pastoral Training (ICPT). Application information and forms are found at http://www.clinicalpastoraled.org/application.html.
3. Upon acceptance by ICPT, arrange with Eskenazi Health Volunteer Services to complete the onboarding process, which will include background checks and health screens necessary for work in a clinical environment.
Completing CPE units through ICPT and Eskenazi Health does not guarantee employment at Eskenazi Health, or any other institution.