Officers and new board members selected
Indianapolis, March 8, 2017 – The Eskenazi Health Foundation recently announced its board appointments for 2017. Kevin Hipskind will be serving his second year as chair of the board. In addition, the following new members were appointed to the board:
- Andrew T. Bridge, M.D.: dermatologist and dermatopathologist, American Health Network
- Deborah J. Daniels: managing partner, Krieg DeVault
- Deb Gibson: president-elect, St. Margaret’s Hospital Guild
- Alessandro Franchi: global senior director, leadership recruiting, Eli Lilly and Company, retired
- Thomas J. Pence: managing director at Knall/Cohen Group
- Myrta J. Pulliam: director of special projects, Star Media
- Alice Kingsbury Schloss: civic volunteer
The Eskenazi Health Foundation also elected its slate of officers for 2017. The following individuals were selected.
- Chair – Kevin Hipskind: market president, Fifth Third Bank
- Vice Chair – Cherri D. Hobgood, M.D.: chair of Emergency Medicine, IU School of Medicine
- Secretary – Thomas Grande: senior vice president, investments & risk management, Gene B. Glick Company
- Treasurer – Mark Gargula: partner, Ernst & Young, retired
Grande and Dr. Hobgood were both at-large members last year and have accepted officer duties on the current board.
The 501(c)(3), not-for-profit corporation raises philanthropic support to enable Eskenazi Health to provide quality health care for all without exception. The Eskenazi Health Foundation has raised more than $87 million in support of the new Eskenazi Health campus. Sidney and Lois Eskenazi of Indianapolis contributed $40 million to the project’s capital campaign in June 2011, and Health & Hospital Corporation of Marion County recognized their gift in naming the hospital the Sidney & Lois Eskenazi Hospital, and naming the campus and system Eskenazi Health. The Eskenazi Health campus opened on Dec. 7, 2013.
CONTACT: Tom Surber