Eskenazi Health Patient Navigation
Eskenazi Health Patient Navigation serves new patients by guiding them through the health care system. Patient navigation is at the heart of Eskenazi Health’s mission to advocate, care, teach and serve. If you are a new or a referred patient to a primary care physician, you can expect a patient navigator to contact you and help you with the Eskenazi Health process.
Who Sees Eskenazi Health Patient Navigation?
- New patients
- Patients who have been discharged from the Michael & Susan Smith Emergency Department at Eskenazi Health
- Patients who have been hospitalized and require primary care follow-ups
- Patients referred with unique challenges/barriers to care
What to Expect from Eskenazi Health Patient Navigation
- A Welcome Letter: Information about your upcoming primary care appointment, including the scheduled time as well as a list of items needed at the appointment.
- Needs Assessment: Eskenazi Health Patient Navigation specialists will contact you and find out if there is anything they can do to ensure the success of your appointment. This is also a time where you can reschedule if the appointment no longer works in your schedule.
- On-Site Meeting: A patient navigator will meet you at your appointment and give you a tour of the clinic. You will also receive a new patient packet and learn about the services available to you in the community and at Eskenazi Health.
For more information, please see the Eskenazi Health Patient Navigation brochure.
Tired of waiting in the emergency room for something that isn’t an emergency? Become a new Eskenazi Health patient.
In order to ensure the comfort of our patients, Eskenazi Health Patient Navigation conducts scheduled site tours of Eskenazi Health’s outpatient locations. To request a tour,
please call 880.TOUR (8687)