Eskenazi Health Family Beginnings
Eskenazi Health Family Beginnings provides excellent care and comfort for you and your growing family. Our private labor and delivery, recovery and postpartum suites are beautiful and home-like.
Parents enjoy a special celebratory meal and the confidence of patient-centered care from IU School of Medicine faculty physicians and Eskenazi Health’s caring nurses, as well as a Level III newborn intensive care unit.
Birth plans are available to help you create an individualized care experience for yourself and your baby, including medication options, birth positions and breastfeeding plans.
Other services and amenities available include:
Visitors are welcome to share your Family Beginnings experience.
- Two free parking passes
- Lactation consultants
- Newborn hearing screening and immunizations
- Adoption support
- On site services for paternity affidavits
- Women, Infants, & Children nutritional program
- Educational services
- Interpretation services
- Birth certificate and Social Security number application assistance
- Up to three supporters are allowed with you while you are in labor no matter the time.
- Regular postpartum and recovery visiting hours are 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- In most cases, a support person can stay overnight with you and baby.
- Other than new baby’s brothers and sisters, no children under 14 are allowed in the unit.
- All visitors should be healthy. Sick visitors, especially children, should wait to visit baby until they are healthy.
For more information or a tour of the unit, please contact Eskenazi Health Family Beginnings at 317.880.BABY (2229).