Dr. Steven R. Counsell, M.D.
Professor of Medicine, Mary Elizabeth Mitchell Professor of Geriatric Medicine, Medical Director of Eskenazi Health Senior Care
Dr. Counsell is board certified in both internal and geriatric medicine. He is actively involved in efforts to improve health and lower costs for vulnerable elders and has succeeded in these efforts through Eskenazi Health Center Geriatric Resources for Assessment and Care of Elders (GRACE).
To make an appointment, call 317.880.6560.
- Language(s) spoken: English
- Insurance: Eskenazi Health accepts Eskenazi Health Advantage, traditional Medicare and Medicaid and most commercial plans. (If you have questions about your coverage, please contact your insurance provider.)
Education and training
- Fellowship, Geriatric Medicine: Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, University Hospitals of Cleveland, Cleveland, OH
- Fellowship, Academic General Internal Medicine: Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN
- Internship and Residency: Categorical Internal Medicine, Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine, Akron City Hospital, Akron, OH
- M.D.: University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH
- B.A.: Kenyon College, Gambier, OH