Christopher M. Callahan, M.D.
Professor of Medicine; Cornelius and Yvonne Pettinga Professor of Medicine
Dr. Callahan is Director of the Indiana University Center for Aging Research, as well as an Investigator for the Regenstrief Institute, Inc. He is board certified in both internal and geriatric medicine, and focuses his research on improving the care of older adults with late life depression, dementia and related conditions. Dr. Callahan studies ways to help primary care physicians deliver better care to older adults.
- Eskenazi Health Center Healthy Aging Brain Center
To make an appointment, please call 317.880.6560.
- Accepting new patients: Yes
- Same-day appointments: If available
- Language(s) spoken: English
- Insurance: Eskenazi Health accepts Eskenazi Health Advantage, traditional Medicare and Medicaid and most commercial plans. (If you have questions about your coverage, please contact your insurance provider.)
Education and training
- Fellowship, Health Services Research: Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN
- Residency, Internal Medicine: Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- M.D.: St. Louis University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO
- B.A., Biology: University of Missouri Columbia, Columbia, MO
- Johns Hopkins Medicine 6th Annual Award for Excellence in Dementia Care, honoring JAMA publication, "Effectiveness of collaborative care for older adults with Alzheimer disease in primary care: A randomized controlled trial"
- Society of General Internal Medicine Mid-Career Research Mentorship Award
- Tony and Mary Hulman Health Achievement Award for Excellence in Health Services Research
- Teaching Excellence Award, Indiana University School of Medicine