Ella Bowman, M.D., Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine
Board certified in internal medicine and geriatrics as well as hospice and palliative care, Dr. Bowman focuses her attention and research on caring for the hospitalized frail, elderly adult. She is the Medical Director of the Eskenazi Health Acute Care for Elders and Consult Service. In this capacity, she trains learners at all levels and of many disciplines, including medical students, interns, residents, geriatric fellows and students from nursing, pharmacy and physical and occupational therapy. Her prior experience as an academic hospitalist at a large teaching hospital deepens her knowledge; and she also has served as Associate Medical Director of a free-standing in-patient hospice and palliative care unit. She is also a primary care provider with Eskenazi Health Center House Calls. She continues her research on hospital to home transitions, delirium prevention and assessment and interfacing palliative care domains with the care of hospitalized elders.
- Eskenazi Health Acute Care for Elders Unit
- Eskenazi Health Center House Calls for Seniors
To make an appointment, please call 317.880.6560.
- Accepting new patients: Yes
- Same-day appointments: If available
- Language(s) spoken: English
- Insurance: Eskenazi Health accepts Eskenazi Health Advantage traditional Medicare, Medicaid and most commercial plans. (If you have questions about your coverage, please contact your insurance provider.)
Education and Training
- Fellowship, Geriatric Medicine: St. Vincent Hospital, Indianapolis, IN
- Residency, Internal Medicine: St. Vincent Hospital, Indianapolis, IN
- M.D.: West Virginia University School of Medicine, Morgantown, WV
- Ph.D., Microbiology and Immunology: West Virginia University School of Medicine, Morgantown, WV
- B.S., Biochemistry: Bethany College, Bethany, WV