The Children Services supportive environment is designed to reinforce current individual strengths, while developing more appropriate coping, social and interpersonal skills. We use a team approach to provide services.
A team approach is utilized with the services provided, including:
- Assessment and diagnosis of mental health and substance abuse needs
- Individual, group and family therapy
- Case management
- Activities of daily living, parent skills training, anger management skills, life and coping skills
- Consultations with psychiatrists and clinical nurses regarding medication and treatment
- Teaching and practicing skills in a variety of settings
Midtown Children’s services are based on industry best practices and evidence-based principles such as Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Child Parent, Psychotherapy, and Motivational Enhancement Therapy/Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. All staff involved in the programs are highly qualified and receive ongoing training to ensure the best quality of care is being provided. All staff members receive a high degree of clinical supervision to ensure the treatment being provided produces positive outcomes and program fidelity.
Services are provided in the following settings:
- WRAP Services (Child Mental Health Wraparound Services and Children’s Mental Health Initiative)
Child Mental Health Wraparound Services (CMHW) provides youth with serious emotional disturbances (SED) with intensive, home and community-based wraparound services. CMHW services will be provided within a System of Care philosophy and consistent with Wraparound principles.